What’s New and Upcoming in Dunwoody
Dunwoody, Ga. (January 16, 2017) – An upscale destination just north of Atlanta, Dunwoody is celebrating new business and hotel openings, renovations and new outdoor activities.
Here’s a list of what’s new, opening and under renovation in Dunwoody for early 2017 and beyond:
- Residence Inn Perimeter Center - Set to open in spring 2017, the Marriott brand known for spacious suites with full kitchens and separate living, working and sleeping areas will offer visitors another accommodation choice in the area.
- Hampton Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center – The popular Hilton brand offers visitors modern comforts and an ideal location. Walk to Perimeter Mall, Spruill Gallery, several restaurants, and the MARTA rail station. This stylish hotel is just off I-285, only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta. It features 132 guest rooms, including studio suites and accessible rooms and a 563 sq. ft. conference room with WiFi access for meetings and social events.
- Fogo de Chão –Dunwoody recently welcomed Fogo de Chão as part of the parent company’s global expansion. The restaurant, next to the Hampton Inn and Spruill Gallery, features an open kitchen to showcase the centuries-old Southern Brazilian grilling technique of churrasco and an expansive patio for al fresco dining.
- Shake Shack – The critically acclaimed, modern day “roadside” burger stand with a devout following opened its second Georgia location at Perimeter Mall. The Dunwoody menu includes all the Shake Shack classics with the addition of the special Peach Twist frozen custard concrete, which can only be ordered at the Perimeter Mall location. Also, in keeping with Shake Shack’s commitment to thoughtful, well-crafted and responsible design: the tabletops are made from reclaimed bowling alley lanes; chairs are designed using sustainable materials; and booths are crafted with lumber fortified by the Forest Stewardship Council; and walls are clad in reclaimed snow fence and walnut.
- Brass Tap – One of the fastest growing craft beer bars in the South recently opened its first Georgia location in Dunwoody. The Brass Tap Perimeter Atlanta offers more than 300 craft beers (with numerous Georgia beers on rotation)from around the globe in a neighborhood atmosphere that feels both relaxed and upscale and has daily specials, live music, and unique events each and every month.
- Da Vinci’s Donuts – The unique gourmet doughnut bakeshop is the third location for the Georgia-based company, but is also the launch of the first franchisee. Located in Dunwoody Village, the outlet features a design-your-own-doughnut station, where customers can choose from different toppings to create their own flavors. They will also offer pre-made combinations such as cannoli, dulce de leche, and raspberry lemonade, as well as coffee and tea.
- Perimeter Mall Renovations – The area’s premier shopping destination and the second largest mall in the state underwent a multi-million dollar enhancement. Improvements include a new interior (complete with new ceramic flooring, lighting, and modern seating areas), with added retailers and restaurants.
- Oil and Vinegar – The locally owned international franchise concept recently opened in Perimeter Mall and has an assortment of gourmet products from around the world with in-store tasting samples and recipe suggestions. Customers have the ability to purchase specialty gift sets and create their own custom mixtures, making this a true culinary shopping experience.
- Altar’d State – The unique Christian women’s boutique, headquartered in Knoxville TN, recently expanded in Perimeter Mall with its fourth Georgia location. Along with the latest fashions, shoppers at the nearly 4,500 square foot store can find merchandise that supports charitable causes. Specifically for Mission Mondays, Altar’d State donates 10% of net proceeds to charitable organizations.
- Lolli and Pops – The San-Francisco-based candy boutique opened its first Georgia location at Perimeter Mall offering sweets from around the world in a nostalgia-inspired setting. Satisfy your sweet tooth with sample bags of any candy you may be craving or grab a gift to sweeten someone’s day.
- Woodhouse Day Spa – The line of full service luxury spas opened a flagship store at Perimeter Mall. Offering over 70 rejuvenating treatments in a tranquil setting of peace and relaxation with an emphasis on service.
- Spruill Gallery Renovation – The Spruill Gallery recently reopened after extensive interior and exterior renovations with an enhanced exhibit, gift shop and event space. The Gallery’s exhibits promote emerging artists and the gift shop features some of the finest locally-made wares, including pottery, jewelry, skin care and home décor.
- Cyclebar – The high energy, cycling focused fitness concept opened its first Georgia location in Dunwoody. The boutique workout studio offers rider-specific performance data in a state-of-the-art CycleTheatre,™ energy-enhancing video graphics and a DJ booth.
- The Packaged Good – The Dunwoody-based charitable organization provides a fun, inspirational environment to help people in need by decorating and personalizing care packages. Founder Sally Mundell realized after hosting similar events in her home that there was a demand for an engaging, convenient experience for families to give back to the community. The new Packaged Good facility in Dunwoody Village is a great volunteer opportunity for parties, corporate events and family weekend activities.
- Stage Door Players - The Dunwoody professional theater will perform exciting new productions during the 2017 Season with “Death By Design”(January 27-February 19),“The Cemetery Club”(March 17-April 9), “Boeing Boeing,”(May 19-June 11), and “Annie Get Your Gun”(July 14 – August 6).
- Donaldson Bannister House Restoration – Community volunteers are spearheading the rehabilitation of the treasured 1870s Donaldson-Bannister House at the corner of Vermack and Chamblee-Dunwoody roads into a public park and public and private event venue for weddings and reunions.
- Braves- SunTrust Park (Spring 2017) – Now just a few miles away, Dunwoody brings visitors close to all the major league action when the Braves open their 2017 season at the new SunTrust Park.
Parks and Green Space:
- Dunwoody Nature Center (Spring 2017) – The non-profit nature preserve completed a full restoration of Wildcat Creek that enhanced the area with a bank full bench on both sides of the stream and a series of flood plain terraces, which will also serve as an amphitheater and educational space. Additionally the project included shoring up the creek bank from the south entry point along the main trail, north to just past where the rain garden reconnects with Wildcat Creek – a total of 350 linear feet.
- Trail System throughout Perimeter Center - The City of Dunwoody provided a safe connection between a series of public parks and neighborhoods with the Dunwoody Trailway -a multi-use trail between Brook Run Park and the recently opened Pernoshal Park. The trail now covers a total of 3.3 total miles for an integrated park system. City planners hope to keep building the Trailway, adding another seven miles to connect it to a future park located near a MARTA track near Perimeter Mall.
- Park at Pernoshal Court – Dunwoody’s newest park gives visitors and residents an additional option for fun and exercise. Facilities include a pavilion, basketball courts, a pickleball court, an amphitheater with a meadow for events, a large multi-sport field and the final connection to the Dunwoody Trailway.
Coming Soon to a Theater (or Living Room) Near You:
As the state of Georgia celebrates the ‘Year of Film’ in 2017, Dunwoody is proud to be featured in the upcoming productions:
- “Baby Driver” – The major motion picture features Kevin Spacey and Jamie Foxx and will be released in late summer.
- “Caffeine & Octane” on the Velocity Network – Set for a premiere date of February 5th, this series will highlight participants of the Dunwoody-based auto show, bringing it into the national spotlight. Caffeine and Octane is an all models car show held the first Sunday of each month from Dunwoody’s Perimeter Mall parking lot.
To learn more about what’s new and upcoming in Dunwoody, visit www.cvbdunwoody.com.
# # #
About Dunwoody, Ga
Dunwoody, Ga. is a premier hub for shopping, dining, business, and culture located just 10 miles north of Atlanta. From boutique to crowd favorites, wine bars to patio dining, a fine art school to a theatre company and abundant green space to hiking trails, Dunwoody has something for everyone. With easy access to mass transit and major highways, this city offers proximity to key Georgia tourist attractions, sporting events, and festivals. A little bit metropolitan chic, a little bit small-town escape, Dunwoody is above Atlanta and beyond the expected.
Jennifer Nowicki, Pineapple PR